SPORTS CHIROPRACTIC CARE
What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care is about much more than simply relieving back and neck pain. We care for the health for your whole neuro-musculo-skeletal system (all joints, muscles, and surrounding nerves in the body) with a holistic approach. Insuring that your spine in alignment and unrestricted in movements will allow your nervous system functions optimally and lead to speedy recovery. Regular maintenance care at Fitwell will keep you operating at your peak performance today and in the future.
Proper alignment of your body:
- A position in which all joints of the body (spine and extremities) are centered and balanced
- The most mechanically efficient position for any given activity, whether static or dynamic
How do joints become restricted in motions or ranges (hypomobile)?
- Often a result of tissue injuries (Trauma, Overuse, Constant pressure/tension for an extended periods)
- Injured tissues undergo physical and chemical changes
- Leading to inflammation, pain, and diminished function for an individual
What is the treatment like?
- One of the most common therapeutic procedures performed by Doctors of Chiropractic is spinal manipulation (also referred to as a “chiropractic adjustment”)
- The purpose is to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become hypomobile or restricted in their movement
- Manipulation of the affected joint can restore mobility, thereby alleviating pain and muscle tightness, allowing tissues to heal
How Is Sports Chiropractic Different?
Sports chiropractor is an extremely knowledgeable provider of Chiropractic Care that has advanced expertise in both the prevention and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries. They also very well versed on sport-specific strength and conditioning techniques and optimal biomechanics.
Mechanical efficiency enables muscles surrounding your joints to work in balance, which may help reduce strain, tension, and injury subsequently. It benefits athletes that are interested in care that emphasized the prevention of injury and optimization of performance. Because of athletes’ foundational training in how structure relates to function, Sports Chiropractic is a natural fit for this role.
In fact, U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) Division of Sports Medicine appointed the first official sports chiropractor in 1980. Since then, Sports Chiropractors have been a staple of the training regimens for Olympic athletes, NFL teams, NBA teams, and most Major League Baseball teams.
Fitwell Chiropractic Sports Medicine
900 Noe Street, San Francisco, CA 94114