FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Things You May Want To Know
Can You Help Me With My Injury/Condition/Symptoms?
- The answer is yes, as long as the complaint you have is neuro-musculo-skeletal (muscles/nerves/tendons/ligaments/joints) related. We have experience with many variations of dysfunctional muscular patterns and injuries and have a broad range of tools to treat most injuries. If you have any questions about a specific condition or injury before coming to your initial FitWell session, feel free to contact us and we’ll connect you with our doctors at FitWell who can answer your questions for you.
Will I Get Treated During My Initial Visit?
- Definitely. On the initial visit, we start our session by listening to you and understanding your struggle with your body. Followed by a detailed assessment of your complaints to seek out the root cause of your dysfunction. Then we’ll be able to create a comprehensive treatment plan that is customized only for you and work together towards your goals.
How Long Does A Session Last?
- Your initial assessment and treatment (New Patient) takes approximately one hour. Follow up visits ranges from 15-20 minutes in length depending on a variety of factors. Double appointments for follow up visits are also available.
How Many Sessions Do I Need?
- Although doctors and therapists at FitWell will be able to provide you with a much more accurate timeline following your initial assessment, as a general rule of thumb the following holds true:
- For more minor, non-chronic injuries or movement challenges we can see dramatic improvement within 4-6 sessions
- For more major or chronic injuries or movement issues we ballpark around 10-12 sessions
- For severe or long-term chronic issues, it may take up to 20 sessions or more to see a significant resolution of your symptoms
- These are very general estimates and every patient case varies, and often you’ll feel improvement from the very first session. Our team will work with you to create a program that will be tailored to your needs during your initial session, so you’ll have an idea of your roadmap once you come in.
What Is Your Cancellation Policy?
- We reserve your appointment time for you specifically. We also understand unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life, but in our desire to be fair to all patients and maintain a viable practice, the following policies are honored:
- CANCELLATION: AT LEAST 24 hour advanced notice is required (no-charge) for any cancellation.
- LATE CANCELLATION/NO SHOWS: If the appointment is cancelled for less than 24hrs in advance, you will be billed for full price the visit.
- LATE ARRIVALS: If you happen to arrive late for an appointment, your visit will likely be shortened and end at the originally scheduled time in order to accommodate other patients whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, your doctor will have to determine if there is enough time remaining to start your treatment.
Do You Accept HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts) or HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement)?
- Yes. We welcome payment through HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement). We also accept Visa or Mastercard as forms of payment.
Is FitWell Covered By My Insurance?
- We are “Out-of-Network” healthcare providers for almost all insurance companies and payment is expected at the time of service. We do this to ensure the highest quality of care is not dictated by anyone except you and the provider. However, we will be able to provide you with a “Super Bill” that you can submit independently to your insurance provider. Every policy is different so you will need to check with your insurance policy about coverage with “Out-of-Network” provider and to determine if they will be able to reimburse you for visits to FitWell using your Super Bill. As a service provider, we do not have access to that information.
Does FitWell Bill Directly To My Insurance Provider?
- No, we do not submit claims to Insurance Providers. However, we will be able to provide you with a “Super Bill” that you can submit independently to your insurance provider. Every policy is different so you will need to check with your insurance policy about coverage with “Out-of-Network” provider and to determine if they will be able to reimburse you for visits to FitWell using your Super Bill. As a service provider, we do not have access to that information.
Can I See A Chiropractor If I’m Pregnant?
- Yes! Pregnant mothers often find that treatment sessions at FitWell help with pregnancy discomforts, like sciatica, mid-back and low back pain due to shift in center of gravity. It improves their pregnancy and make delivery easier for themselves and their baby. Chiropractic adjusting methods can always be modified depending on patient’s size, weight, age and condition of health.
Do You Accept Motor Vehicle Accident Cases (PI) Cases?
- Yes. We accept PI cases but payment is expected at the time of service. We will be able to provide you with a “Super Bill” that you will be responsible for submitting independently to your corresponding insurance provider or employer’s insurance provider. Every policy is different so you will need to check with your insurance policy about coverage with “Out-of-Network” provider and to determine if they will be able to reimburse you for visits to FitWell using your Super Bill. As a service provider, we do not have access to that information.
How Can FitWell Help If I’m Not In Pain?
- When we talk about future-proofing your body, we mean it. Don’t wait for an injury to build up. Our modern lifestyle habits of being glued to a chair or couch for many hours a day or in front of a computer screen does not allow our body to work or maintain itself the way it’s supposed to. Add in some weekend warrior activity after a stressful week with very little movement, and you’ve got a recipe for potential future injury and pain. On the other hand, if we take the time on a monthly basis to address your muscular tension, improve your movement patterns, address lifestyle factors, and ensure that we’re dealing intelligently with tweaks and aches before they become a major problem, you’re going to feel better, move faster, and live a longer, pain-free life.
I Don’t Want To Be Adjusted. Is This A Necessary Part Of The Treatment?
- Every patient is unique. Chiropractic adjustments are appropriate and recommended for certain conditions to achieve maximum recovery efficiency but they are not absolutely necessary. It is just one of the tools in our toolkit. Our doctors and therapists will take time to explain why you are suffering from your conditions/symptoms and the spectrum of recommended treatment options with their associated benefits to you. We believe the key to recovery and to prevent re-injury is through understanding your body more. You’ll always be in control of the treatment you receive.
I Can “Crack” My Own Neck And Back If I want to, Why Should I See a Chiropractor?
- If a person is able to make the joints in their spine “crack” easily, it usually means that part of their spine is hypermobile (moving more than it should). This also implies that other parts of the spine are hypomobile (not moving enough) as our human body works as a team. In order for the body to work efficiently in the short term and sustain in the long term, each joint must work and maintain in its’ own normal range of motion.
- Chiropractors find the joints that are not moving sufficiently and adjusts them only to restore the segmental movement. Very simply put, this will allow the joints that have been working over time to rest a bit and allow the less mobile ones to work more. Not only does this allow for more pain free movement, it will also decrease the likelihood that degeneration of the joints will occur.
- This will not happen when our joints “crack” as a by-product of stretching. Forcing movement ourselves will only continue to move the wrong segments. It is the direction, velocity and specificity of the chiropractic adjustment that makes the difference.
Fitwell Chiropractic Sports Medicine
900 Noe Street
San Francisco, CA 94114